Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering which levers you prefer with your mechanical disc's ? I did a parking lot ride on a bike w/ Shimano XT's - liked the small levers. Any suggestions ? I see a lot of Speed dial Avid's for sale as well as Cane Creek Direct Curves. Thanx

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I've used the xt levers for years with my Avids, I like the shape of the lever (have some Avid levers in the box, just don't like them as much).

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Speed Dial 7

I use the SD 7 with my Avids and like them. I have the XT integrated shifter/lever combo on my street bike. For me personally, the SD 7 fit my fingers better.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
keen said:
Wondering which levers you prefer with your mechanical disc's ? I did a parking lot ride on a bike w/ Shimano XT's - liked the small levers. Any suggestions ? I see a lot of Speed dial Avid's for sale as well as Cane Creek Direct Curves. Thanx
I run Avid levers with my Avid Mech discs. I like the adjustable leverage feature, which allows you to adjust modulation.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
465 Posts
by integrated do you mean dual control?

Call_me_Clyde said:
I use the SD 7 with my Avids and like them. I have the XT integrated shifter/lever combo on my street bike. For me personally, the SD 7 fit my fingers better.
Call_me_clyde by "integrated" do you mean "dual control"? I have a prophet 600 with BB7s and i am thinking about switching to dual control (probably XT) with an XTR RR rear deralleur. Although i am sure the shifting will improve i was wondering about the dual control leavers with the Avid Mechanicals. any imput/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

elgordo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts