Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer sram shifting but like the XT brakes that came on my new bike. I'd like to get what I think was called a "match maker" to run the sram 1x11 shifter on the shimano XT brake lever mount and loose the extra mount for the sram shifter.

I had something for hope X2 brakes that worked with the sram shifter but wanted to give the XT brakes a shot. They did have the mount for the shimano shifter under the lever but I had to remove it to make room for the sram mount.

·
damned rocks...
2,638 Posts
MisMatch from Problem Solvers.
There are more brand doing similar products, but not recalling their names.

Edit: make sure to select the ones that match the I-Spec version of your brakes.

·
Ride Fast Take Chances :)
3,331 Posts
I have tried both generations of the mismatch adapters and they are horrible. don't do it. They place the shifter to far from the bar and have almost no adjustability.
PM me and i'll ship you mine for postage. ipsec II

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have tried both generations of the mismatch adapters and they are horrible. don't do it. They place the shifter to far from the bar and have almost no adjustability.
PM me and i'll ship you mine for postage. ipsec II
yep, I had the same experience with both the matchmaker and the trickstuff adapters. I finally settled on the adapter from bikeyoke, it is perfect, keeps the shifter much closer to the bar.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yep, I had the same experience with both the matchmaker and the trickstuff adapters. I finally settled on the adapter from bikeyoke, it is perfect, keeps the shifter much closer to the bar.
I can’t seem to find a bikeyoke adapter for anything other than their dropper lever. Can you share a link? Thanks

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
There are a few out there, the Mismatch one just doesn't put things in the right position for me so I went with a separate brake/shifter mount...I don't see a downside.

·
since 4/10/2009
32,395 Posts
There are a few out there, the Mismatch one just doesn't put things in the right position for me so I went with a separate brake/shifter mount...I don't see a downside.
Yeah, I did the same thing. Used a mismatch for awhile, and while it worked, the limits on the adjustability of the shifter relative to the brake lever did not put the shifter in an ideal position for me. So I just went with separate clamps. Now I have no trouble getting my shifter, dropper lever, and brake levers exactly where I want them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts