Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might pick up a pair of cheap brake levers of (UK) ebay...

...but just to check, does anyone know if the PAUL LOVE LEVERS pull enough cable to be used with standard V brakes, or are these designed for cantilever only ?

Are the Paul Love Levers any good --- ?

Also available are a pair of cheap SRAM 7.0 levers, again anyone know anything about these, are they any good ??

Thanks for any input to stop me wasting a little money !!!!

:)

Ty

Attachments

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
I love my Paul Love levers..with both Avid disc and ti vbrakes. Great feel. Had'm 3 years now I think.

Guess I'm not helping you save money tho....:)

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Ty,

The brake levers have been around for a while. There are V-Brake and Non-V versions out there. Never run them so can't spot the difference visually, but as Duck says, the recent ones are for V's. I just can't justify the coin for a set...want to though...

JmZ

?Ty? said:
Might pick up a pair of cheap brake levers of (UK) ebay...

...but just to check, does anyone know if the PAUL LOVE LEVERS pull enough cable to be used with standard V brakes, or are these designed for cantilever only ?

Are the Paul Love Levers any good --- ?

Also available are a pair of cheap SRAM 7.0 levers, again anyone know anything about these, are they any good ??

Thanks for any input to stop me wasting a little money !!!!

:)

Ty

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
The srams can be a cheap alternative. The 9.0 mock carbon weave ones are like 120g ish If I remember correctly. At times they sell for nothing, but I have seen them sell for wuite a bit too. I have a set of the pauls on my new klein, but I have yet to ride them. They are very nice looking though, and are very lightweight compared to XT or what have you.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I also run Pauls on Avid Ti's and they work great. You may feel a little more cable drag than with a heavier lever with a retrun spring (like Avid levers) because you have to turn up the spring on the arms to get the levers to return. They also have lower leverage than the adjustable avid levers but after having them on the trail, I like them just fine.

Now if you look at the lever itself, it seems to me that there is quite a few grams in there that can be shaved away! I bet the only reason Paul doesn't to it is to keep the machining costs down. Now the Avid Juicy disk levers are pretty sweet.....if I could only graft them on to....hmmm.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.