Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had to switch out my brakes and in the process did a little too much messing around with the front brake lever. i took it off and tried to reinstall but now it's not getting the right resistance from the spring device. any ideas out there?

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
etnocmit said:
i recently had to switch out my brakes and in the process did a little too much messing around with the front brake lever. i took it off and tried to reinstall but now it's not getting the right resistance from the spring device. any ideas out there?
Not sure what spring device you're talking about. Brake levers that I'm familiar with don't have springs in them, So the problem is likely the spring return on the brakes themselves. Usually the brakes themselves will have a screw adjustment on each side that allows you to balance the spring tension so the brakes are centered. Also, be sure that you properly installed the brakes. There is a peg on the brakes that mates with a hole at the base of teh brake mounting boss. Be sure that peg is in the hole. Often forks will have multiple holes to allow for a range of rim widths, so you may need play with that. If the peg is in the wrong hole you may get too little spring tension, or way too much.

If you need more help please provide the make and model of your brake levers, brakes and fork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts