Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
#1- my guess is a Crystal Designs proto. The machining style, the caps that cover the springs, and the bolt that fixes the cable point in that direction.
-
About MRC- they made three brakes for canti studs:
-The Decelerator (in the photo)
-The Linear Decelerator- a linkage brake
-The Batwing- V-Brake
I had the Decelerator and it was made of butter-metal, and several different pieces on it broke or bent. I was in high school at the time, and weighed around 90lbs.

·
Hit The Road Cyclery
923 Posts
1 and 2 I have no idea, but 3 and 4 are both Joe's. The spring adjusters are the same, as is the way they're machined and the hardware holding the pads. #2 looks similar to a lot of the designs from that time, but nothing exactly like those comes to mind.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, after everybody's input, I think we have them figured out.

#4 and #3 are Joe's front and rear

#2 is an MRC D-Cell, all the measurements are the same as Bike Pro but the hardware is different. I am guessing it is just an earlier/later version.

#1 was made by a guy who probably used Critical Racing hardware and hand made the arms.

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
Man some day I should really watermark my pics of obscure parts. Those are my NIB pair I took a pic of 7-8 years ago for Joel's obscure brake page. Still have those NIB too. Thanks for at least linking to to page you got it from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.