Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how much brake drag is too much? I have a set of Juicy 5s and I like them a lot and I have sorted out the noise and shuttering problems after only a few rides. When I had the bike up on the stand I grabbed the leaver with out thinking when the rear wheel was out of the frame. I pushed the pistons back in to the caliper and they seemed to work fine. But now I seam to be getting more brake drag then normal. When I spin the wheel it only goes around a few times before it stops. I have recenterd the brakes 4 or 5 times and it didn’t do any thing.

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
I did the same thing once and did the same thing as you. I pushed the pistons in and they have been fine since. I would try pushing them in again because it should work. If not, others have had success with taking the wheel off and then putting it back on (seems simple huh). If it still rubs they suggest loosening the QR and then retightening it. I didnt have to do this but it might be worth a try. :rolleyes:

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
pulser said:
So how much brake drag is too much? I have a set of Juicy 5s and I like them a lot and I have sorted out the noise and shuttering problems after only a few rides. When I had the bike up on the stand I grabbed the leaver with out thinking when the rear wheel was out of the frame. I pushed the pistons back in to the caliper and they seemed to work fine. But now I seam to be getting more brake drag then normal. When I spin the wheel it only goes around a few times before it stops. I have recenterd the brakes 4 or 5 times and it didn't do any thing.
On those brakes any drag is too much, they can and should be setup drag free. Other than that I'm not much help. 3 beers and a Mudslide have made me pretty much useless.

Monte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.