Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of deciding on my new fork, I tried my buddies '07 TALAS for two rides. Everything was great, except there was a lot more brake dive than I experience on my rs Reba. The other thing on my reba I like is the ability to "lock" it on with the handle bar remote for extended climbs, especially if I've got to stand for a bit.
So the questions are:
Can I fix the brake dive by adjusting the R, L, or C. I am imagining that I will have to play with the Compression. But how much will this inhibit the small bump stuff

Do you Talas riders miss not being able to "lock" the fork on the fly? I find it handy, but if its possible to set the bike up to allow for out of the saddle climbs without terrible bob then I could like without it.

The other fork that I am thinking about is the revelation.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
The Rev will perform just like your Reba.
On my Talas RLC, I didn't really miss the lock out on the fly but that could be different if I lived someplace with a lot of up and down rollers (where i live, it's one big up and one big down for most rides).
Dial out brake dive and bob on the Fox by increasing compression while adjusting the threshold so the fork will activate when hitting something (the threshold is a matter of riding preference)...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts