Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a Stumpy FSR, and like the title says I'm wondering if going to the Expert over the Comp for the brain is worth it. Obviously I realize the expert will offer other things better than the Comp but I'm mostly wondering about the brain.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
winnipeg85 said:
I'm thinking about a Stumpy FSR, and like the title says I'm wondering if going to the Expert over the Comp for the brain is worth it. Obviously I realize the expert will offer other things better than the Comp but I'm mostly wondering about the brain.
If you intend to xcountry ride it, yes. I have never tried the pivot designs that isolate pedal forces, but I love the brain on my Epic.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Absolutely, particularly when you can now get it on less expensive models. I can tell you the 2010 Fox version is the real deal (I've had Epics since '03).

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Yes, the Brain is worth it. It works. I wish I had saved even more and bought at the E120 Futureshock level....
If you like a plush ride all the time, then maybe the Brain isn't what you're looking for. If you like a firm platform with zero pedal bob, you'll love the Brain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.