Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XC Rider
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I post to the shock forum I thought that I would start amoung the brotherhood of specialized owners. I have 2007 Epic Expert with the Fox Float R Brain that has just started to loose pressure. Overnight it looses 10-15 psi and after a ride it looses up to 20-25 psi. I have figured in to play that I am loosing roughly 3-5 psi in the pump upon hook up and disconnect. Has anyone else seen this on their ride and is this a warrentied item on a 07 bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
Warranty will cover fix...

dozerdog said:
Before I post to the shock forum I thought that I would start amoung the brotherhood of specialized owners. I have 2007 Epic Expert with the Fox Float R Brain that has just started to loose pressure. Overnight it looses 10-15 psi and after a ride it looses up to 20-25 psi. I have figured in to play that I am loosing roughly 3-5 psi in the pump upon hook up and disconnect. Has anyone else seen this on their ride and is this a warrentied item on a 07 bike?

Thanks
If your shock is loosing pressure overnight then it is a warranty issue. As long as your bike is less than 1 year old, the warranty will cover the repair costs for your shock.

The brain on my '07 Stumpy Expert recently stopped functioning. My shop installed a new brain and shock that Specialized to sent out while my shock and brain are fixed under warranty by Fox.

The warranty work is supposed to have a 4 day turnaround, plus shipping time of another 4days.

By the way, you loose a few pounds of pressure when you hook up your pump to the shock. When you hook up your pump, a little pressure is lost when the pump fills up with air from your shock. No air pressure is lost when disconnecting the pump.

Good luck...:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts