Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been two years since Vikingboy's thread inspired me to build an SX Trail. Since then I realized just how heavy I built that bike (coil springs, Hammerschmidt, allow components, etc...). The SX has proven to be bullet proof in the park, extremely plush, but sees a lot of hike-a-bike anytime the trail gets above 10% grade.

So now it's time for an Enduro. My objective going into this build was to build a no-compromises enduro rig. I recently switched from 26" wheels to 29" wheels (old Camber to new Stumpy 29er) and, being a bigger guy, feel more comfortable on the 29ers.

When I saw the troy lee special edition frame, I threw caution to the wind, and jumped. The result is as follows:

Frame: 2014 Specialized S-Works Troy Lee Enduro -- size L
Fork: 2014 Rock Shox Pike -- Single Air
Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
Crank: XX1 32T

Cassette: X01 10-42
Rear Deral.: XX1
Brakes: Shimano Saint (203/180)

Wheels: ENVE AM 29"
Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf (F) and Nobby Nick (R)

Bars: ENVE DH
Stem: Renthal Duo

The build is still in progress - I'll keep you all updated as it goes.

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first scratches did indeed hurt. If you look real close you can see scratches in the rear triangle and on the right crank where I had to dump it in some rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Wow! That is truly beautiful. I considered mine over the top stupid...
but you have topped it for sure in terms of sexy. Like other, too pink for me, but still appreciate the effort, but the red grips must go ;)

You must be tall with all the spacers and tall bars... I run flat ENVE's and I'm debating lowering them further.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 6'2"

The grips are actually fluorescent orange and match the orange in the frame perfectly.

Your black and white build is dead sexy too. Recommend you try out the new enve wheels. They really square out the tires. I love the resulting stability/confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wow! That is truly beautiful. I considered mine over the top stupid...
but you have topped it for sure in terms of sexy. Like other, too pink for me, but still appreciate the effort, but the red grips must go ;)

You must be tall with all the spacers and tall bars... I run flat ENVE's and I'm debating lowering them further.
You may want to raise your seatpost before lowering the front end, it looks super low. But it may just be the camera angle. Both whips are sweet looking!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yep...if I'm off the bike the seat is down. KS LEV integra seatpost with new mechanism.

I figured that was the reason for the red grips, probably looks better from the front. The AM rims are in between the 60/40s and 70/30s on width.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.