Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on going up late Sept. I'm looking to rent a house for 6-8 guys but the pickings are slim. Nothing avail in the neighborhood around the mtn. Is it possible to ride to Galbraith from Whatcom or the neighborhoods around it or do most people just drive to the trailheads?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You can likely bike to Galby, but will need to drive to all other trailheads. Check out Intrinsic Flow on google for shuttles on Chuckanut.

Might also want to drive accross the border to the north shore, squamish or whistler as well depending on how long you all are staying for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Listen to the other dudes and stay away from Galbraith. It totally sucks and it hasn't stopped raining since May. Riding with the throngs of tech bros inching their way down Predator is the most fun you'll ever have on a bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Listen to the other dudes and stay away from Galbraith. It totally sucks and it hasn't stopped raining since May. Riding with the throngs of tech bros inching their way down Predator is the most fun you'll ever have on a bike.
Huh, no kidding. We were going to stop at blackrock. Where is there to ride east of Seattle? I know about Tiger mtn but that's it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If youre in pretty good shape Raging River is pretty damn cool and is one exit down from Tiger. But if you arent into 4000' over 20 miles its not worth going out of your way despite it having some really rad trails.

Tokul could be another option although its shorter trails. Really fun if you know the trails.

Just stick to riding at galbraith and using https://www.intrinsicflow.com/chuckanut-shuttles for shuttling Chuckanut. If you chat up the driver maybe he will offer up some other options in the area.

What kind of trails are you looking to ride? How good are you guys with fitness? How good are you guys with steeper DH tracks? How good are you guys with jumps?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think you will really like galby and Chuckanut, with a day up in squamish thrown in.

I would also say the Darrington trails. Not officially opened yet, but there has been plenty of traffic on them already- a cool mix of tech, loam, and flow. Bout a 1.5 hr drive from Bham.

·
Registered
402 Posts
For Squamish shuttles I recommend RideBC. Did a great job for us last year. Squamish is the $hit. Endless amounts of DH, as much as you can handle and of every type. Get some!

We also used Intrinsic Flow for Chuckanut and definitely recommend. 3 laps, pretty cheap.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Count on at least 4 hours round trip up to Squamish and back depending on the border crossing and traffic through Vancouver. I'd rather spend that time riding Galbraith and Chuckanut, and plan a seperate trip up to Squamish another time.

I guess if you have a bunch of days to kill, it could be worth the drive up to Squamish for a single day.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
If you're in Bellingham on the weekend do sign up for shuttle runs at Chuckanut with Intrinsic Flow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.