Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Boxxer World Cup shorter or taller or the same in ride height than the 888? Reason for asking is I want a 2006 888 on my Demo 9,but they are getting flat crowns on them and new lowers which supposedly lower ride height 1.4".I don`t want to ruin the bikes handling,and I saw that Romaniuk uses the Boxxer on his Demo 9.Thanks in advance for replies.

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
[SBF]SaSQuATCH said:
Is the Boxxer World Cup shorter or taller or the same in ride height than the 888? Reason for asking is I want a 2006 888 on my Demo 9,but they are getting flat crowns on them and new lowers which supposedly lower ride height 1.4".I don`t want to ruin the bikes handling,and I saw that Romaniuk uses the Boxxer on his Demo 9.Thanks in advance for replies.
i know that the '05 boxxer is shorter than the '05 888. i'll be riding a world cup soon. who wants a brand new '05 888RC for $800. no tricks. check the add in my signature.

hadn't heard that about next years 888 though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...

Yeah I heard they get flat crowns,new stronger lowers,and hi/lo speed compression adjustment.How cool is that? But I still wanna know if my bike will handle fine.I haven`t built it yet,so I haven`t ridden it.I just stare at the frame and all my parts like a goon.

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
I also heard that they (Marzocchi) are going to sell flat crowns for those riders who own a 888 and want to lower their head angle. Apparently they work really good, and are super strong, I've heard nothing bad about them and have done a bit of research. Check out www.go-ride.com to see them. Those guys are putting 888s on bikes designed for 7 inch travel forks, so that's not a bad thing. Also, I don't see how lowering the head tube by an inch is going to hurt your handling, I'm under the impression that it's greatly improved cause you're not so choppered out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.