Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lowers decided to separate from the stanchions resulting in a wicked crash on a fast rocky trail. The fork has only about 10 rides on it with no hard hits on it or abuse. I am very lucky I am not seriously hurt, just really beat up. Scary! I was just bombing down the trail and all of sudden I was on the ground, tumbling down the trail. That's the last thing I expected was my fork to fail on me like that. Unbelievable!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
wow man that is really sh*tty man! you are very lucky to not be hurt too bad!! you going to get a warrenty and use it or sell it for another fork?

·
GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
934 Posts
HollyCrap................:eekster: :eekster: ,glad you walkway from that!
The worst kind of crash are the ones you don't expected ! Damn!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
The ones you don't see coming suck the worst.

Or the ones where as soon as you take off, you know you're ****ed.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Wow, glad no serious injuries. Hope it is just a one off and not a serious design flaw with the fork.

freshkid said:
The lowers decided to separate from the stanchions resulting in a wicked crash on a fast rocky trail. The fork has only about 10 rides on it with no hard hits on it or abuse. I am very lucky I am not seriously hurt, just really beat up. Scary! I was just bombing down the trail and all of sudden I was on the ground, tumbling down the trail. That's the last thing I expected was my fork to fail on me like that. Unbelievable!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Right. One Boxxer fails, guess that means the whole batch must be junk! Some of you just don't think.

Looks like he got a **** fork. ONe, out of thousands. Oooh. Wanna know how many 888s have failed? How many Manitous, or Foxes? Everything breaks, and sometimes you just get a **** fork. I have no doubt RockShox will take care of you, and you'll get a proper fork back.

Some of you need to think before you post.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Red Bull said:
its all personal preferance though...
You are exactly right. I honestly felt like the one i was riding felt like pure $hit. I did a solid 4000 vertical feet on it. I'm prety sure it was set up right. It could have been a little off though.
My hommie has been through 2 of them. He loved his first one, but said the second one felt nothing like the first.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
dropmachine.com said:
Right. One Boxxer fails, guess that means the whole batch must be junk! Some of you just don't think.
Agreed.

RS has done great things since SRAM bought them - they are putting out some serious quality stuff, and just a year ago I was swearing I'd never ride another one of their products. Everthing breaks, look at the early 40s, this doesn't mean sh*t about the company as a whole.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.