Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Boxxer World Cup on a VPFree and was out having fun when doing a dowmhill jump (nothing Pro) but pretty large... hit the first jump then the second jump with a little to much speed the over shot the transition landed pretty flat completely compressed the fork hard even though the landing wasn't nose heavy... then over the bars I went. What seemed to have happen was I blew the air out of the fork..... no oil , no mess, just lost pressure. once home I added air to the fork and all seems great. has anyone had the same issue... Not a great feeling thinking it may happen again​

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
wickedracin said:
I have a Boxxer World Cup on a VPFree and was out having fun when doing a dowmhill jump (nothing Pro) but pretty large... hit the first jump then the second jump with a little to much speed the over shot the transition landed pretty flat completely compressed the fork hard even though the landing wasn't nose heavy... then over the bars I went. What seemed to have happen was I blew the air out of the fork..... no oil , no mess, just lost pressure. once home I added air to the fork and all seems great. has anyone had the same issue... Not a great feeling thinking it may happen again​
I have NEVER heard of that complaint! You might want to send that in to RockShox and have them check it out, must have blown a solo-air valve or something. Was the fork stuck down after? would the stanchions come back out if you lifted them up or was there negative pressure?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boxxer issue

The fork didn't stick and I didn't realize there was a problem until we took off down the hill and I / the bike was all over the place, at first I just thought I hit may head to hard and just could ride then after almost going over the bars again I check the fork and it felt like a pogo stick…. I had to add air and adjust the rebound to make it feel right again..

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
no e-mail

Probably a broken base plate.

SRAM doesn't have an e-mail address.

Kind of a bummer but probably works out better for everyone.

Give them a call - 312-664-8800 (off their website) if you want but they'll just tell you to take it to a local shop. Probably best to start at your shop anyways.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.