Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here to ask a question

Can you put a boxxer team or triple crown fork on the 2007 enduro A1 frame(large)

Some have told me it will slack the bike, but im not to confident with some speculation...

Im hopeing they will

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I believe that a fork of this size will void the warranty, so I don't recommend it unless you like having a "custom" removable headtube.

But to answer your question, yes it will slack the bike out more. The boxxer has a taller axle to crown height than the E150 fork, a taller fork raises the front end and therefore slackens the geometry.

Honestly though, why do you want a 8 inch dh fork on a 6 inch all mountain ride? Its not practical in any sense of the word, the front and rear suspension wont feel even front to back since the fork and shock will be valved radically different from each other. You'll have a marginally better descending front end, nowhere near the travel you need in the rear and a shock that is designed more for xc than dh, and a bike that climbs terrible.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i think the OP has the older enduro i.e.the one that looks like a sx trail. Yeah, the boxxer will definitely void the warranty.
Do a search on "beefing up and enduro elite" Lots of upgrade options explored and tested on that thread. I think the consensus was to not go over 160mm or else the geometry will get messed up putting too much weight on the rear wheel leaving the front wheel/steering vague and loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.