Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No Fear
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still havnt got a fork .And I havnt rode for 40 days ahhh im really getting crazy mad I cant bear it any more .I sent my bent rockers to Singapore for one of my friends and I hope he could get the new ones from a Kona dealer.
I sold my Drop off triple ( the best thing I could do with it ) for 400 bucks. My friend sent me a 66 RC2X but I didn’t buy it for 2 reasons

1: It had post disc mount and I hate them as their brackets are hard to find here .Maybe that’s not an issue as I have many friends who are CNC operators . But the main problem is that I meddle with parts a lot and have pulled out the screws of bolts and screwed parts a few times .If I do the same with post mount I have to throw my outer leg in rubbish.

2: I forgot the second reason

I prefer DC’s over SC’s for their ride height . I race DH and do more technicals than jumping and……

Junior T’s are cool but they have QR drop outs.
My friends has a Boxxer Ride 2005 in his shop and iv got interested in it. The product reviews says Buy it . Also another friend has one of them . He is ridding on it for more than a year and had had no problems .
But there is one question in my mind . If you look in Boxxers 2005 manual the Ride has nothing in its right leg for compression . Just like the Boxxer Race 06 except for them Motion Control .
What is that for what does the right leg rely on when the fork in compressing .
And what does that motion control exactly do ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
i have an 05 ride,it does what a fork is supposed to do.it handles everything just fine.the uturn adjust is cool,though i never use it.
 

·
Oh, So Interesting!
Joined
·
5,877 Posts
You can buy a MoCo damper and use it on the '05 Ride, which would be an improvement. I have an '06, its a good fork if you want travel adjust. If not I believe the Ride can be converted to an 8" fork, same as the Team or Race or whatever. It would be a good choice if parts are hard to come by. I've taken mine apart a couple times and its a pretty simple fork to work on.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
I still havnt got a fork .And I havnt rode for 40 days ahhh im really getting crazy mad I cant bear it any more .I sent my bent rockers to Singapore for one of my friends and I hope he could get the new ones from a Kona dealer.
I sold my Drop off triple ( the best thing I could do with it ) for 400 bucks. My friend sent me a 66 RC2X but I didn't buy it for 2 reasons

1: It had post disc mount and I hate them as their brackets are hard to find here .Maybe that's not an issue as I have many friends who are CNC operators . But the main problem is that I meddle with parts a lot and have pulled out the screws of bolts and screwed parts a few times .If I do the same with post mount I have to throw my outer leg in rubbish.

2: I forgot the second reason

I prefer DC's over SC's for their ride height . I race DH and do more technicals than jumping and……

Junior T's are cool but they have QR drop outs.
My friends has a Boxxer Ride 2005 in his shop and iv got interested in it. The product reviews says Buy it . Also another friend has one of them . He is ridding on it for more than a year and had had no problems .
But there is one question in my mind . If you look in Boxxers 2005 manual the Ride has nothing in its right leg for compression . Just like the Boxxer Race 06 except for them Motion Control .
What is that for what does the right leg rely on when the fork in compressing .
And what does that motion control exactly do ?
You strip threads because you're a hack. Stripped threads can be fixed with a helicoil.

2005 did not have MoCo dampening. 2005 used the hydracoil or whatever. It's a ported orifice, not all that different from SSV/SSVF. Spiking is still an issue with HC2, though better. The 2005 can be retrofitted with MoCo. The 2006 has the Maxle.
 

·
Is flexy
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
The 05 can certainly be upgraded to have the motion control dampening and it can also be made into an 8" fork so it would basically be a 2006 boxxer team I believe. Red5 is the man when it comes to rock shox info and he gave me all the part number to do the swap and you can get them directly from sram. I'm sure he will chime in at some point ot shoot him a pm if you are interested in upgrading to an 8" for but you will lose the u-turn feature.
 

·
No Fear
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
You strip threads because you're a hack. Stripped threads can be fixed with a helicoil.

2005 did not have MoCo dampening. 2005 used the hydracoil or whatever. It's a ported orifice, not all that different from SSV/SSVF. Spiking is still an issue with HC2, though better. The 2005 can be retrofitted with MoCo. The 2006 has the Maxle.
Your speaking too expressioniuos im not English native.
What do you mean by stripped and helicoil.
I know the 05 ride doesn't have MoCo .
My Drop offs also had orifices on both sides ( SSV) but also had coil ( R ) and Air ( L) .
I think The Ride would be far more better than it . The DOT 's air didn't do any thing as I couldn't go more than 10 pumps in the left leg and nothing in the right one .Or ther would be top out . The rebound wasn't that sensitive . I had to carry a flat 21 mm wrench and a costume 70 cm tool to adjust it.
Certainly it wouldn't be like the 66RC2X but I cant use that for DH racing.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
Your speaking too expressioniuos im not English native.
What do you mean by stripped and helicoil.
I know the 05 ride doesn't have MoCo .
My Drop offs also had orifices on both sides ( SSV) but also had coil ( R ) and Air ( L) .
I think The Ride would be far more better than it . The DOT 's air didn't do any thing as I couldn't go more than 10 pumps in the left leg and nothing in the right one .Or ther would be top out . The rebound wasn't that sensitive . I had to carry a flat 21 mm wrench and a costume 70 cm tool to adjust it.
Certainly it wouldn't be like the 66RC2X but I cant use that for DH racing.
"1: It had post disc mount and I hate them as their brackets are hard to find here .Maybe that's not an issue as I have many friends who are CNC operators . But the main problem is that I meddle with parts a lot and have pulled out the screws of bolts and screwed parts a few times .If I do the same with post mount I have to throw my outer leg in rubbish."

It should not matter how many times you take a bolt in or out (to an extent). You just suck with tools. You do some great renderings on the computer, but you're not great at working with your hands.

Any you most certainly can use a 66 for racing.
 

·
No Fear
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Completely right XSL – Will im not good on my hands. I don’t have much experience if only worked on 2 or 3 forks . Im also freaky with tightening bolts . Till I havnt a torque meter . But im the only guy here who does open up every thing . Other friends just don’t go further than truing a wheel . They think they couldn’t mach the part up again .
I aint got your experience and would never get either .There’s not so many components to work on here .but I grab the opportunities . Every time some one has problem with a part im there.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
Completely right XSL - Will im not good on my hands. I don't have much experience if only worked on 2 or 3 forks . Im also freaky with tightening bolts . Till I havnt a torque meter . But im the only guy here who does open up every thing . Other friends just don't go further than truing a wheel . They think they couldn't mach the part up again .
I aint got your experience and would never get either .There's not so many components to work on here .but I grab the opportunities . Every time some one has problem with a part im there.
Common sense tells you when to stop tightening a bolt.

Thank god you don't work on cars.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top