Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
RuNDmC1087 said:
Ive been thinking about buying a boxxer and im really sure what are the differences are between the models (eg. dampening systems, seals...). Any input would be greatly appreaciated.
Thx :cool:
cover your ears mate, people dont like boxxers on this site, mostly because they hear of bad stories of them

i think they are cool.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
RuNDmC1087 said:
Ive been thinking about buying a boxxer and im really sure what are the differences are between the models (eg. dampening systems, seals...). Any input would be greatly appreaciated.
Thx :cool:
the team and the world cup are same dampening, but the world cup is titanium springs,
and "slipery stantions"

·
crumb
890 Posts
cover your ears from the poeple who hear stories,but listen to this. I wanted one so bad i ignored all of the people who warned me about the and just went ahead and bought a 2004 Race. I liked it for a little while but then i noticed it was bottoming and i wasnt getting the small bump performance i wanted. it still had some stack issues with it with the rebound at its fastest. in my own opinion steer clear and get a better for. but if youre anything like me, you wont listen to this anyway.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
boxxers can be great RACE forks......... get a boxxer ride w/ motion control if u are doing different stuff.

Make sure the change the oil within a week to high quality stuff after break in.

change oil every 2 months after that.

talk to custom cartridge companies like Romic.

Pray, and get motion control with Blackbox.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Boxxer's are great forks. They are meant to be raced ( team race world cup) and you can get the u turn one which is good for all conditions.

I personally had 2 02 boxxers and loved both. Not the stiffest forks in the world but worked flawlessly. Its def a set it and forget it fork. I had the oil changed once for the one i used the most. Never had one issue.

I think you should buy a avalanche but thats my personal opinion

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
saviorself said:
cover your ears from the poeple who hear stories,but listen to this. I wanted one so bad i ignored all of the people who warned me about the and just went ahead and bought a 2004 Race. I liked it for a little while but then i noticed it was bottoming and i wasnt getting the small bump performance i wanted. it still had some stack issues with it with the rebound at its fastest. in my own opinion steer clear and get a better for. but if youre anything like me, you wont listen to this anyway.
the Race is a great fork once you add a MOJO BOXXCART to it

MOJO suspension

·
Registered
467 Posts
snowskilz said:
Boxxer's are great forks. They are meant to be raced ( team race world cup) and you can get the u turn one which is good for all conditions.

I personally had 2 02 boxxers and loved both. Not the stiffest forks in the world but worked flawlessly. Its def a set it and forget it fork. I had the oil changed once for the one i used the most. Never had one issue.

I think you should buy a avalanche but thats my personal opinion
avy and boxxers are completeley different ends of the fork spectrum. someone interested in a boxxer isn't going to want an avy...

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
RuNDmC1087 said:
thx for the responses,

just wondering, whats the purpose of "slippery stancions" possibly better small bump responsivness? :cool:
Low friction, look sweet and cost alot of money so Rock Shox can justify the World Cups large price tag...

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Don't forget the Race model is their cheapest out of the line up, aka their version of a Junior T.

I have 2 Boxxers, an old 6" on my wife's Bullit and a TiNi 02. Both have worked great. They like fresh oil every 3-4 month and new seals every winter if you use them a lot.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,780 Posts
RuNDmC1087 said:
thx for the responses,

just wondering, whats the purpose of "slippery stancions" possibly better small bump responsivness? :cool:
The original TiNi stanchions purpose was increased visibility during races, so spectators could tell from a long ways away that the racer was on a boxxer.

This is what RS told me at interbike that year.

Unfortunatly, the TiNi coating on the stanchions tended to flake off after a while, so they had to drop that idea.

The "slippery silver" does the same thing, but it's more durable.

Since the boxxer is an open-bath fork, there isn't really any advantage to having the "slippery" stanchions vs normal ones. If there's a lot of stiction it's because the lubrication sucks, not the stanchion coating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.