Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Box is releasing a 9 speed 11-50 drivetrain in three levels Box One, Two and Three at $599, $265 and $200.

I am interested in this for sure. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,598 Posts
Might have been useful to provide links to the info...maybe?

This is honestly the best info I was able to find (and not until 8:14), which didn't include links or weights.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might have been useful to provide links to the info...maybe?

This is honestly the best info I was able to find (and not until 8:14), which didn't include links or weights.

There isn't much out yet. Just the video really and the info in the video.

I am interested in seeing weights. If it is similar or lighter then 11 or 12 speeds, it may be interested one day.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I saw the weights somewhere...but can't remember where. I don't think the cassette is all that light...around NX weights. They currently have a 9sp 11-50 e-bike cassette that is 650gr.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I saw the weights somewhere...but can't remember where. I don't think the cassette is all that light...around NX weights. They currently have a 9sp 11-50 e-bike cassette that is 650gr.
The Box One E 9s is 290g so it's much lighter than what you can get with GX or NX. So if the price is reasonable, I'll be dumping Eagle for Box when it comes out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wish they'd give more info. We know it's basically the ebike drivetrain with a multi-release shifter that's about it. Seth said it uses a 9 speed chain, but all narrow wide chain rings say to use a 10 speed chain with 9 speed drivetrain. It's because the wide part of the chain is wider on the 9 speed. Will they be coming out with a 9 speed chainring? Does it actually use a 10 speed chain? Does it matter?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,827 Posts
Subscribed.

11 speed ratios are way too close together for me. I'll never own an Eagle drivetrain, no thanks. The new 12 speed Shimano groups look awesome, and I'd buy one, but I'm definitely interested in the benefits of a wide range 9 speed.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,598 Posts
The new 12 speed Shimano groups look awesome, and I'd buy one, but I'm definitely interested in the benefits of a wide range 9 speed.
I'm mostly happy with my Shimano 12spd, except for some chainring options (which aren't Shimano's fault), on my hardtail.

My other bike will probably never get 12spd and it's currently on 11spd. But I might be interested in the Prime 9 when it comes time for drivetrain replacement on that bike.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I'm interested for a new build this winter, I'm tired of dealing with eagle problems. It's between this doing some custom setup to make a 10 speed shimano derailleur work with a 11-52 sunrace cassette.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.