Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been through it lately. I haven't been up this year but I'm heading up Graeagle tomorrow. I like to head down Hwy 20 and cut through to Jackson Meadow and head to Graeagle from there. I am worried about the washout where the bridge used to be. I have an 05 Tundra 4x4 that has a ridiculously long wheelbase and I haven't done the washout for a couple years.

·
gimme friction
1,136 Posts
I've been hearing it is passable, but probably best to stay out of their way if they are trying to get the washout fixed.

Curious about what the time delta is for getting out to Graegle that way, vs. HWY 89...is it more than an additional hour or so? Definitely more scenic...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hearing it is passable, but probably best to stay out of their way if they are trying to get the washout fixed.

Curious about what the time delta is for getting out to Graegle that way, vs. HWY 89...is it more than an additional hour or so? Definitely more scenic...[/

I've never really timed it but it takes a couple of hours at least. I don't do it if I am in hurry.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was there 4th of July. Bridge is not usable. You can drive through the ravine only with high clearance 4wd. You need to be skilled due to large rock steps that can damage the underside.

To use that road to get to graegle it takes longer than truckee and 89.

Grouse ridge is one of my favorite places. I was there 2 weeks ago and the trails are great. Dog miles though so be ready to get tired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.