Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A bump and a reminder.

On Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010 GO Boulder is hosting its second annual Winter Bike to Work Day. The day will include free breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. (7-9 a.m. for Boulder High School students, faculty and staff at the locations listed below.

Breakfast Stations:

Breakfast Station Locations:

Casey_Middle_School_Bike_Club_50
Applebee's - 1906 28th St.--eggs, pancakes, bacon & juice
Boulder High School - 1604 Arapahoe Ave. (open to BHS students, faculty and staff only from 7 to 7:30 a.m.)
City Municipal Building - 1777 Broadway, sponsored by The Cup, Sprouts and evol burritos
Moe's Broadway Bagel- 3705 Arapahoe Ave.--bagels
Moe's Broadway Bagel - 2650 Broadway--bagels
Pedal to Properties - 1949 Pearl St.--Hot coco stop
University of Colorado - 18th Street and Colorado Avenue--bagels, fruit, coffee & water

Forecast is High of 44 and slight chance of Snow.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Half the temp, double the riders--from last year.

It was a huge success.

1200 peeps signed up. Moe's had great bagels and Applebee's had all you can eat eggs, pancakes, bacon, coffee and juice.

Terrific day at 28F

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
FRANKENBIKE42 said:
All you can eat eggs pancake bacon and juice was sweet. It seamed like there were more riders out today than usual, maybe this helped kick-start people into commuting in January (its not cold).
Did you notice how few were out today?

It seems like Tuesday had X riders--a typical day.
Wednesday had 10 X riders
and today had 0.2 X riders.

I guess the breakfast wore out some of the people yesterday.

·
Registered
146 Posts
lidarman said:
Did you notice how few were out today?

It seems like Tuesday had X riders--a typical day.
Wednesday had 10 X riders
and today had 0.2 X riders.

I just the breakfast wore out some of the people yesterday.
I thought it was more like 1.5x riders today, I saw more than I typically do on my ride in. not a huge increase just sayin' maybe some people got out for the bike to work day and realized it wasnt that bad, but your saying you saw less today than usual, eh we must take different routes.

·
4.0" fully suspended
402 Posts
I am glad you saw lots of peoples at the breakfast. I rode from Lyons to East Boulder on Wednesday and didn't see a commuting soul on my way in or going home via 36. Last year was much better weather wise and more funner. I did the commute via Picture Rock:cool: .
Only a few other coworkers rode in this year, plenty signed up. Their excuses ranged from "too cold" to "commuted by bike earlier in the week".

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a similar experience riding home tonight. Saw hardly anyone compared to even a normal day. I guess Frankenbike, you have a commute that favors a positive result.

I love this whole concept of winter bike to work day. It's one thing to get people to ride in the summer--which is good. But to get people out in the winter, especially when it's cold, creates a new level of inspiration for some folks. And as you said Frankenbike, it helps jump-start a lot of rider's season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.