Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story longish, bought a used bike, came with enve wheels and enve etched hubs. Went to upgrade the drivetrain and the LBS went back and forth for a while with ENVE trying to find out more info for adding an XD driver (had to send pics, serials, etc.). Turns out my hub was a preproduction prototype with custom machined bits so I was stuck with my current driver. Thinking ENVE would be willing to help out with some persuasion, I contacted ENVE myself since the LBS hit a dead end. They were pretty nice to deal with but were only willing to mark off 30% for a wheel set, rear wheel, or hub. I thought, perhaps naively, that ENVE should/would send me a replacement hub/wheel. Especially since the ENVE employee I spoke with on the phone said that these wheels were “never supposed to leave the building.” Seems like a fair response but not exactly very customer service focused. Probably will not be buying any ENVE products in the future. If they replaced my wheel or hub at their cost, they probably would have had a customer for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Everyone likes free, but I think Enve's offer to sell you a new set at a fairly deep discount, on a set of second-hand wheels, was generous. Many companies don't transfer warranty from the original owner.

·
Registered
667 Posts
While it's true that warranties are rarely transferable, I also operate under the principle of "never accept their first offer". Key on the “never supposed to leave the building” admission and escalate it to a supervisor. Be nice but be firm and if the answer doesn't change, so be it.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Sounds like you purchased stolen goods (or at least misappropriated). How is that Enve's fault? I think their offer is more than generous and your beef is with the guy you bought it from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.