Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First bought a 125mm 30.9 reverb for 275, while waiting for it there was a sale on the 125mm KS Lev TI for 285. So now I have both, which one should I keep? I like the cable entry and remote for the Lev better,
i guess one other question, on the lev is the bottom cap required, without it I can insert the dropper further down.

·
GONE
25,212 Posts
The LEV has a better reputation for reliability. My bike came with the Reverb which had trouble right from the start. I bought an LEV for it and it's been great. The stationary cable position on the LEV is a huge plus, IMO.

I think the bottom cap is just a protector for shipping?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Artscyclery had 20% off sale, its over now.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Might try watching amazon. Mine is the 27.2mm Lev, but I caught it when the price dropped to $275 after being $340 for awhile. Think it was from Niagara Cycles. 2nd order from them, good service w/next day shipping both times.

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
So now I have both, which one should I keep? I like the cable entry and remote for the Lev better
... and there's your answer. Both will work well, the best one is the one you won't find yourself unable to actuate the post and get it down before a key part - which is the one that is easier to run the remote lever for. I'm the same way, this is why I'll probably only ever run Lev posts on 2x bikes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up keeping the KS Lev, just looked better and the cable routing was better then the reverb. Hopefully it will be reliable.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
My LEV ti has outlasted a few reverbs that friends had. Most have switched to KS stuff now.

roktoy are you Jay K from AZ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, from Seattle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts