Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying out a few full suspension bikes at Rays this weekend I decided I wanted one for this summer. I found this on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190067426759
I have the fork, an 05 Marz All Moutain 3, now All I really need is a rear shock.

I have a few questions about the size and compatability of different eye to eye and stroke lengths. The auction says the frame takes a 7.875"x2.0" shock. I assume that the shock has to have a 2" stroke, but can the eye to eye length be different? Since 7.5x2 is more common will that work just as well. I cant seem to find any new or used shocks in the 7.875 size for a decent price. I probably will keep the frame at 5" of travel is that matters.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Well the compressed lengths of the shocks are different potentially causing linkage interference or the tire may hit the seat tube. A shorter shock will also alter the geometry. I would stick with the correct length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.