Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got all excited when I saw an ad in the local free weekly classifieds. Felt we had to give it a good home. Not really vintage, not top of the line parts, but the condition is very good, hardly ridden. Wouldn't call it a bargain, probably paid market value. It was just nice to actually find something interesting.

Hand job and there is a couple of those road kill decals.

Shifts great, love the short cage DX.

Original owner provided receipts(bought it at the factory), catalog, and a couple bonus decals.

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Very nice...

Except for that fork. Get rid of that pronto and put something more deserving on that Mojo! :D

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Nice bike in great condition!!! You did well.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
neveride said:
Except for that fork. Get rid of that pronto and put something more deserving on that Mojo! :D
Please someone help me find a nice one inch threadless rigid fork, 410mm a2c. Setting it up with some dirt drops and one of those drop bar ibis stems would be nice also.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
airwreck said:
Please someone help me find a nice one inch threadless rigid fork, 410mm a2c. Setting it up with some dirt drops and one of those drop bar ibis stems would be nice also.
Now we're talkin'!
It seems it did find a great home. Drop Bar Ibis...dope.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
This was a classic case of someone putting cheap components on so they could afford a great frame. Always a good strategy imho... especially when they later decide they don't like it and we can snatch it up.

C'mon go ahead and tell us how much.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The seller was asking 400, and that's what I gave him.

I imagine it will go on the market soon, if I'm going to ride it first thing I'd need would be a Vicious 413mm steel fork, although I'd consider an atom also. Wouldn't mind getting a shorter version of the Ibis stem, should of bought that purple one that was on ebay. Keeping it true to catalog spec would mean keeping the q21 although they do mention the XS and SS having the option of a Richey (sic) or Koski. What are the chances of finding a suspension corrected one inch threadless steerer Ritchey or Koski fork?

Speaking of true to spec.
Paint: True Blue, Well Red, Just Purple
Paint options: Zippo, buy an extramojo or an XS if you want options
says the catalog
this bike is "Bold Gold"
other wise the only non spec part is the saddle, in fact it appears that this bikes guts have only been touched by the folks at Ibis who assembled it, and yes those are the original tires, sans chunks. It is so weird to see 12 year old cables that look better than my other bikes 2 month old cables.

Back in November of 92 the original owner paid 550 for the frame, 365 for the parts and 185 for the build.

It's been fun having the bike, the catalog, the original reciept and this forum to share it with.

Photos of.... the bigger of the two road kills, the condition of the DT decals, and DX, looks great, works great

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
airwreck said:
What are the chances of finding a suspension corrected one inch threadless steerer Ritchey or Koski fork?
If you find a source please let the forum {or just me ;) } know . I'm looking for exactly that for my Phoenix. The most likely one at the moment is a custom by this guy www.robinmathercycles.co.uk

Moonter

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
moonter said:
If you find a source please let the forum {or just me ;) } know . I'm looking for exactly that for my Phoenix. The most likely one at the moment is a custom by this guy www.robinmathercycles.co.uk

Moonter

Theres no such thing as a suspension corrected Ritchey or Koski fork. You should have Steve Potts make you a Type II for your Phoenix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts