Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I picked up a 2005 Stinky frame yesterday at the Path cycles blowout sale. Got it for $600 which seemed like a good deal at the time but after looking around and seeing fully built Stinkie's for $1400 I'm beginning to wonder.

However, there's no way I'm buying a full bike right now. The wife almost dropped a deuce when I mentioned getting the frame! So, I think it would be a good project bike to add to by just looking and finding great deals as they come.

My question is this. Where can I find the specs like seat tube size, headset sized, through tube size, bottom bracket, etc? I've tried their site and other web sites but nothing so far.

I'm thinking I want to do a triple crown fork just cause I've always wanted one. I've seen a couple of great deals on the classifieds here.
I'm going to decide today if I'm going to return it or not but I love the 05 olive drab color.

·
Registered
412 Posts
No doubt you will spend more than $1400 (total) building up your dream bike... but picking the parts is part of the fun, ain't it? I bought a $500 Coiler frame and it no doubt will end up as a $5000 bike. :D

I would study what Kona specs the bikes with, for starters. You can find a lot of good tech info from the UK Site. For example BB shell, headset, & seatpost sizes, etc..

http://www.konaworld.uk.com/kona2u/2005tech/frame_spec_details.xls

Best of luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts