Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted around a bit b4 I bought...I looked at the treks I was going with the 4300 or the 4500 if I went trek..then looked at the gary fishers....

ended up buying a RED 07 rockhopper with reg. v-brakes. I had to hunt around for it as they said they couldn't get 07's anymore... but I really loved the RED! some might say I was stupid for getting a 07 but the color means a lot to me a 08 yellow wouldn't have been bad that was gonna be my 2nd choice if I hadn't of found a 07 red..

anyway haven't owned a bike since I was like 8 or so haha so this specialized brand seems nice did I make the right choice u think over the trek 4300 or 4500? the 4500 looks comparable to my 07 rockhopper as both have the rock shox fork etc..

bike shop gave me a $50 gift certificate (got a helmet) and knocked 10% price off the bike. which made it $468 ..all said and done think tax and all it was $536..they also gave me a specialized water bottle and e-cage free.

so I guess I did ok? I'm going to just do trail riding nothing too funky.. anyway is this a pretty good bike or what?

thanks!

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
When it comes to choosing between bikes at similar price points, like the 4500 and the Rockhopper, sometimes it all comes down to one bike feeling better than the other, or one bike having a color that you like better. The Rockhopper is an excellent bike. I think you did fine. I don't even blame you for getting red instead of yellow. Red goes faster, right? :D

My first really good mountain bike was a 2005 Rockhopper. That was the bike that really opened my eyes to how much fun mountain-biking could be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i agree seems like a nice bike.

hey can anyone tell me how the gears correspond with one another? I don't wantto stretch my chain like I hear people talking about. what gear 1-3 corresponds with the 1-8 speeds?

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.