Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I have a rockshox deluxe select plus with a megneg air can installed. At first, it consistently leaked air, riding or not, since then I have fixed this by putting more grease on all the seals.
My new problem with the shock is this: about 1-1.5 months later, my shock leaks air again, but only when I ride and only when I bottom out on that ride. I noticed that my shock had lost about 30% sag (30%-60%) in one ride.
Later, I pumped up the shock to 30% sag and it remained at this for a ride where I did not bottom out the shock and for 2 or so days after this ride.
But when I went for a ride my shock kept this pressure, until I bottomed out a couple times, when it quickly lost about 20% sag(30%- about 50%).
Note: since the shock lost that pressure it has not lost anymore.

Does That mean the shock losing air is bottom-out related? And how can I fix this?
Thanks so much for any help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is your shock sitting into sag without any weight on the bike?
Thanks for the reply, by sitting into the sag do you mean like 10% or only about 5%. because it does 'sit in' a little after it is compressed, meaning that after compression i can pull up on the linkage so that the shock de-compresses more. ill attach some photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
This may or may not be relative... I mention it because you recently greased seals.

I had a similar problem with a Float X, but after hard riding it was actually "sucked down" a bit and sitting at sag without weight on the bike. I also thought the shock was losing air, but it was actually trapped in the negative chamber. When I would force the shock to extended into topout and cycle it multiple times, it would slowly equalize and the pressure would return.

I never bothered to solve it as it was at end of service life, but I'm pretty sure it was because the oil was blocking the eq ports.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This may or may not be relative... I mention it because you recently greased seals.

I had a similar problem with a Float X, but after hard riding it was actually "sucked down" a bit and sitting at sag without weight on the bike. I also thought the shock was losing air, but it was actually trapped in the negative chamber. When I would force the shock to extended into topout and cycle it multiple times, it would slowly equalize and the pressure would return.

I never bothered to solve it as it was at end of service life, but I'm pretty sure it was because the oil was blocking the eq ports.
Thanks, I'll give this a go

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Unfortunately no

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.