Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing the O-ring at the bottom of my 7,5"x2" x-fusion O2 RCX.

I have it around 20-25% sagg.

Cant say i ride it that hard, would have thought a 6" should deal with it.
It dosnt feel like i ride it too hard, cant feel the times i bottom it out.

Is the tune wrong? Do i need to up the psi, or do i just need a new bike?

·
Advanced Slacker
15,570 Posts
I keep seeing the O-ring at the bottom of my 7,5"x2" x-fusion O2 RCX.

I have it around 20-25% sagg.

Cant say i ride it that hard, would have thought a 6" should deal with it.
It dosnt feel like i ride it too hard, cant feel the times i bottom it out.

Is the tune wrong? Do i need to up the psi, or do i just need a new bike?
When you say "at the bottom" have you measured that it is actaully using the full 2" of stroke travel?

Was this the shock that came stock on the bike?

BTW, 20%-25% is a pretty big range in terms of shock sag.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,271 Posts
If you don't feel it bottoming, but you are using full travel, that PSI works.

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
If you don't feel it bottoming, but you are using full travel, that PSI works.
This. Ideally, the shock SHOULD bottom out on a ride, but only just barely, you shouldn't notice it. That way you're using the shock optimally. If you feel it bottom, then put a little more PSI to it, and try again.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
What frame are you running it on? I just got an 02 RCX for my Banshee Phantom and was a bit worried that I too was using all the stroke and don't really hit anything I thought would cause it to. As with you, don't feel it bottom, just the o-ring gets there, so paid careful attention and reset the o-ring while riding and realise it's mainly during G-outs or that sort of feature in a trail coming down with some decent speed. For safety I added a tiny bit of oil to the air chamber to give a bit more bottom out resistance in case I actually hit any decent size drop/jump and a few PSI. FYI looking at the shaft, there's about 4mm left back and so thought I was good at first, but when I let all air out the shock and bottom the suspension this where it stops, so knew I needed to keep an eye out.

Very nice though in contrast to the DHXA I was running before on the Prime, wallowy mid stroke and couldn't get it to use even close to full travel without running 30%+ sag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.