Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XTR BB93 bottom bracket I have is making noises already and I'm thinking of swapping it for something else...?

I need :
73mm
English threads
24mm axel

Suggestions please...?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Serious question: what do you think is wrong that is directly related to the bottom bracket bearings, themselves, that won't be present in other systems?

(hint: it's probably not the bearings if they aren't notchy, it's probably the setup; are the threads aligned with each other, are the faces of the shell aligned with each other, and are the threads prepared with something--grease, threadlock, teflon--and is preload on the bearing set properly, etc...)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back Story : This is a new frame up build by me. Laced the wheels myself and everthing else... so I have a full understanding of all MTB componetes :thumbsup:
During the build I found the internal dropper post housing routing needed the Crankset & BB (one side) to be removed... well the XTR BB in & out several times ( more than I liked) and at one point I disturebed the seal placement and such ... I'm thinking of starting over with something fresh that is not so molested.. You dig?

So other than XTR at 24mm axel ...??

RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.