Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I made this thread in the frame section, but no response as it doesn't seem busy down there.

Could someone help me out? I'm new to working on bikes and need to replace the bottom bracket on a 2006 bicycle. I know it is Shimano octolink and sealed cartridge. For the retainer cups that need to be unscrewed out of the frame, what tool do I need? When I research al it gives is one size/type of BB removal tool. I just don't want to order the wrong size and not have it fit.

So the question is, are there more than one size Shimano BB cup removal tools? It is the one with the outer splines to engage the inner splines in the retainer cup.

Any help is very grateful as I do not want to pay a shop. I also want to learn how to work on bikes anyways. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Of course, sorry about that. I don't have that BB/crankset myself so I misinterpreted the pretty pictures. Glad you found the right link yourself though :)

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out I need a BBT-22 tool which is pretty standard for both octolink and power spline. Perfect, thanks a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts