Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a bottom bracket with a wider spindle on my yeti so I can put CBR cranks on it. The problem is, I am getting the new BB from another bike, so I can't see the thread direction. The threads are bc 1.37 68 and it is shimano. Which side do I remove first and what direction do I need to go? Sorry for the stupid question, but I googled and googled and could not find it out anywhere. Thanks in advance,
Scotty

·
1,529 Posts
If it sticks and is stubborn, use this trick I learned..

Take a front or rear (cant remember which) wheel skewer and stick it through both the BB cup tool and the BB shell (you may have to use washers to make sure both ends are snug) and then secure the tool with the quick release. This way, you can concentrate on turning the tool rather than holding it against the cup.

·
just 1 more
1,152 Posts
ameybrook said:
If it sticks and is stubborn, use this trick I learned..

Take a front or rear (cant remember which) wheel skewer and stick it through both the BB cup tool and the BB shell (you may have to use washers to make sure both ends are snug) and then secure the tool with the quick release. This way, you can concentrate on turning the tool rather than holding it against the cup.
Funny thing, Park Tool stole your trick:thumbsup: Excellent tip BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.