Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a Turner, but I'm looking at a Sultan. What is the purpose of the design around the bottom bracket? I haven't seen one in person, hopefully soon I will. The downtube is welded to the bottom bracket, then it looks like on top there are two pieces coming up to the seat tube. I appologize if any of my terminology is wrong, but could you help me out with this?

Regards,

Scott

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
that whole b/bkt area is 1 big piece of magnificently machined rigidity and light weight. its made from a block of billet alluminum housing the b/bkt shell, lower shock mount and mini link mount with the s/tube and d/tube welded on. much stronger, stiffer and lighter than if it was all individual pieces. it also keeps the front and rear tri's in perfect allignment. turner has been doin it this way since '96 cuz it works so damn well.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,369 Posts
cactuscorn said:
that whole b/bkt area is 1 big piece of magnificently machined rigidity and light weight. its made from a block of billet alluminum housing the b/bkt shell, lower shock mount and mini link mount with the s/tube and d/tube welded on. much stronger, stiffer and lighter than if it was all individual pieces. it also keeps the front and rear tri's in perfect allignment. turner has been doin it this way since '96 cuz it works so damn well.
I think the other reason for doing the BB/pivot mount as one machined piece is that if they are two separate, welded pieces, there is a decent chance that they welded together in alignment (center axis of both tubes perfectly parallel).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.