Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am building up a Niner A9C and i'm questioning how to put together my BB.

I want to take advantage of the Biocentric II (as I am building a SS) and set it up with the Sram XX1 BB30 156 Q-Factor crankset.

My question is, with the Biocentric II and the XX1 Crankset, what BB bearing do I need for this? Or what do I need to order that screws into the Biocentric and rotates the crankset?

Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
what version of the a9c do you have? The new version has an all carbon shell and you cannot use the ebb with it. The old version you would need to cobble together a BSA30 BB with the biocentric2. I'm not sure if the sram cranks work with a rotor or raceface BSA30 BB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 2013 with EBB, CYA insert. I have been under the impression it will accept the Biocentric.

And thank you for pointing me towards the BSA30. I'll do some further research to see if the Sram will work with either of those brands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears the BB30 cranksets will not work with any bottom brackets using the English threading. Looks like I need to opt for the Sram XX1 GXP crank set.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That is not entirely true. Rotor Bike Components :: BSA Bottom Bracket

That is for a 30MM crankset in a BSA frame. You will need to determine if it will work with your crankset. I imagine the company will say no for liability reasons. There are others out there that have used this sort of product with great success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts