Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I installed my ´04 Shimano XT Hollowtech II Crankset past weekend according to Shimano Manual (2 Spacers on driveside, 1 on the other side) on my new 2005 S Works Enduro. With that setup, I got problems with the front derailleur.
I recognized, that width of Bottom Bracket was about 71mm, so I removed 1 Spacer and everything´s fine!!!

Are there similar experiences???

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Not with a Shimmy set up, but with a....

hry said:
Hi!

I installed my ´04 Shimano XT Hollowtech II Crankset past weekend according to Shimano Manual (2 Spacers on driveside, 1 on the other side) on my new 2005 S Works Enduro. With that setup, I got problems with the front derailleur.
I recognized, that width of Bottom Bracket was about 71mm, so I removed 1 Spacer and everything´s fine!!!

Are there similar experiences???
Race Face Isis. The RF Signature BB uses a floating cup system to adjust the chain line. The further you screw in the drive side the closer the crank gets to the frame and vise-versa. Then you lock it in with the non-drive side cup. Anyway, set it up as per instructions on my Enduro using the exposed thread count method as recommended, each exposed thread on the drive side cup representing approximately 1mm. When all was said and done I was having shifting issues up front and in the rear. Checked the chain line and was off a bit so pulled it appart and turned the drive side cup in another mm and was in business. Not a big thing. That's what those spacers are for, chain line adjustment. As long as everything is working right, no worries!

Good Dirt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.