Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I believe is a 2000 Dakar Sport (It's got a steel frame and both disc brake and v-brake mounts) and was wondering if anyone knows the BB size for it?

Also if anyone has any other manuals or specs for that year, or any way I can be sure that it actually is a 2000 :D that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I can't answer your question directly since the earliest Dakar Sport I had was a 2003, that was 68MM. The bike is long gone though so unfortunately it's a guess but they may be quite similar but mine was Aluminum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well looking at bicyclebluebook (not sure how accurate it is and not sure if I can link it yet cause I dont have enough posts) it would appear that it is a 110x68 like you said so hopefully it fits! Thanks!

If anyone else has any vintage Dakar Sport info that would be awesome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have what I believe is a 2000 Dakar Sport (It's got a steel frame and both disc brake and v-brake mounts) and was wondering if anyone knows the BB size for it?

Also if anyone has any other manuals or specs for that year, or any way I can be sure that it actually is a 2000 :D that would be awesome!
Hi, A little late to the party here, but the the spec you have is correct for a 2000 dakar sport, 68mm shell x 110mm. The 2000 dakar sport would have been a gloss black frame with a red Jamis logo on the down tube, it would have also said on the top tube dakar sport. If you have not found out yet for sure, post a pic and i can try to identify for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, A little late to the party here, but the the spec you have is correct for a 2000 dakar sport, 68mm shell x 110mm. The 2000 dakar sport would have been a gloss black frame with a red Jamis logo on the down tube, it would have also said on the top tube dakar sport. If you have not found out yet for sure, post a pic and i can try to identify for you.
Yup, that describes it accurately. Although I found out that my BB is fine, it's my bottom suspension bushing that has issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You might have to check a company like RWC who has hard to find suspension bearings and pivots for the older bikes.
Jamis might still have the parts available, post a pic of the pivot parts and i can check for you. the part number i found is 12-0062 which they have, but send a pic so i can confirm thats the right number for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts