Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am toying with the Idea of selling my SC VP-Free and building a bottlerocket. I have a question though....

Anyone tall riding the medium frame?

Seems like a silly question but I am 6' 4" and so usually would ride a Large frame so my long ape arms can reach the bars. The thing is the Large Bottlerocket frames have the support structure between the top tube and the seat tube, and for me this ruins the lines of the frame, I love the bottle rocket's "dirt jump" almost hardtail lines, and unfortunately feel the extra beef on the large frame spoils this.

This is in no way a criticism if Transitions construction techniques, Obviously the extra piece is required to support the extra length of the seat post whilst retaining a low slung top tube, and serves a purpose. This is just me being rather picky about how I would like my potential new ride to look.

Any bottlerocket riders have any advice for me?

Thanks very much guys :)

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
I rock a large, and love the geo. Don't mind the brace at all.

I believe the new larges don't have the brace, and have the same shorter seat tube as the small and med.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, thanks for the info guys! Nice to know I'm not the only person out here blessed with monkey arms! That is the first picture I have seen of a large White BR, and I have to say it doesn't look bad at all! All i had seen before were green, purple and Black ones. I like the sticker idea too lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.