Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys,

Don't know if anybody else would have this problem. I just got my SC Juli SL frame yesterday. I was looking it over and noticed that the holes for the bottle cage holder seems to be UNDERNEATH the downtube (at least I think they are bottle cage holes) - they came plugged with little white plastic bolts. Ummm..not that I need to carry wattle bottles since I usually carry my Camelback but my blasted light battery is made for a bottle cage (and it gets used a lot). My frame is pretty small. Is this really a good place for a bottle cage and if so would anybody recommend any light (side-entry I am thinking) holders? I saw Nashbar had some interesting clamps for the seat and handlebars for adding cages, but would rather not go down that path.

Thanks.

Oh, and that frame is SO sweet that its ALMOST a shame to get it dirty. :)

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Yep, that's a cage mount you're looking at, SC has them on lots of their bikes as that's a spot they can fit. I find them pretty much useless for anything but a battery for a night ride myself, and I found that you had better strap that baby in but good when it's upside down like that (I use a nylon strap with a velcro closure, a toeclip strap would work well too). I use a plastic Lockjaw cage which always worked best for me when I did use water bottles, but I don't think they make them anymore. King cages are awesome (www.kingcage.com) from what I've heard.

Nice bike choice there, I know that feeling with a nice new frame where you just want to admire it that way for a while, but they're still sweet all dirty, too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info! That seems to be the most worthless place to put a bottle cage, but I guess its better than nothing. I looked at those King cages and now the weight weenie in me is drooling for a Ti cage...<shaking head> Addictions are hard on the pocket book.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Hate to fuel any spending on your part, but I believe those ti cages come with a lifetime guarantee, too (and take quite a bit of abuse before you have to get that far). Ah, the joys of feeding one's bike habit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.