Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These might be the perfect glasses for riding and listening to music. Small speakers that allow you to hear music, but don't block the ambient noise around you. I tried them yesterday, pretty incredible. You can listen to music while having a conversation and the other person can't hear the music you're listening to. Anyone try these, on NorCal trails of course?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/wearables/frames.html

·
Registered
178 Posts
I use Aftershokz bone conduction headset. Similar concept in that there's nothing in the ear. One problem I foresee with these is that you are stuck with wearing these sunglasses. If you don't like the tint or style, too bad.
One issue with Aftershokz is that you have 2 things going over the top of your ear (if you wear shades too) which feels cumbersome until you get used to it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
I use Aftershokz bone conduction headset. Similar concept in that there's nothing in the ear. One problem I foresee with these is that you are stuck with wearing these sunglasses. If you don't like the tint or style, too bad.
One issue with Aftershokz is that you have 2 things going over the top of your ear (if you wear shades too) which feels cumbersome until you get used to it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
I have been using Aftershokz for years...love them! FYI - Aftershokz is bringing out their own version of sunglasses with integrated speakers: https://optishokz.com/

The Optishokz look like they are more sport-oriented, with replaceable lenses that come in various tints. The Bose Wearables look more fashion-focused...not sure about how well they would work with high-output activities.

The Bose and the Optishokz at least look a lot better than the Oakley version of stereo sound sunglasses:

Eyewear Nose Ear Vision care Lip

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually the way they are weighted they stay on pretty well, in the parking lot at least. I haven’t taken them on anything rough. But again, I never really have an issue with glasses falling off as I ride in a more upright/BMX style stance most times in the bumps.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.