Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3473 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
For front derailleur issues you need to check that it didn't get sent mounted a little cockeyed. My daughters X-7 was not lined up perfectly and was sitting too low (in relation to large ring). H & L stops were also incorrectly adjusted. After making these corrections, the bike shifts great with adequate clearance between cage and chain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With the x7 shifter the clamp and shifter are separate. To re route simply remove the shifter from the clamp re-route them re-attach no need to remove the derailleur. Should take less than 5 minutes.
You're absolutely right. I meant the derailleur shifter and not the derailleur. I'm sure we all know a derailleur has no use if it is mounted on the handlebar. 😄

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
40mm stem.. Going for a ride on a trail that leads to a private beach so I can try out the beach riding in an hour or so.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
40mm stem.. Going for a ride on a trail that leads to a private beach so I can try out the beach riding in an hour or so.

Nice! Ordered the same one, coming today or Monday,make sure to provide us with a ride update!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found a problem,which is chasing me also in the motorcycles world(i got '78 Kawa KZ650 SR,kinda classic style).My hands are getting numb,when i ride Boris X9.My other bike is a beach ctuiser Moon dog Kulana.And my hands feelin' great on it.So,the question is:How can i make a bars higher?I don't wanna change the stock handlebar,cause it accents the brutality of the Boris ;) I've geard about a steam risers.I was trying to find one,but i don't know the size.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It's a 1 1/8" fork and a 31.8mm bars. They have riser headsets and Amazon.com : Ritchey Adjustable Mtn stem, (25.4) 80mm : Bike Stems And Parts : Sports & Outdoors

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Heads-Ex...05&sr=8-3&keywords=bike+1+1/8"+fork+extension

There are other options but that goes to handlebars.

I found a problem,which is chasing me also in the motorcycles world(i got '78 Kawa KZ650 SR,kinda classic style).My hands are getting numb,when i ride Boris X9.My other bike is a beach ctuiser Moon dog Kulana.And my hands feelin' great on it.So,the question is:How can i make a bars higher?I don't wanna change the stock handlebar,cause it accents the brutality of the Boris ;) I've geard about a steam risers.I was trying to find one,but i don't know the size.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Anyone make a frame pump that actually works decently fast with fat bikes? I'd like to be able to air down and back up without the 500 or so pumps it takes to get to 20psi for the concrete

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have an aluminum one, Lezyne I think. $50 is lots of money for a trail only tool in my opinion. Its 100 pumps to rideable on my fatbike. I use the same pump for my dirt bike.

A friend gave me a cheapo plastic pump as part of a trail tire kit. He bought it at a major chain store. It actually pumps more volume than the $50 one. The only downside to that one is that the head connects directly to the valve, so it is harder to keep in position without snapping off your presta valve. Pick your poison, the cheap one saves $35.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What are your favorite Boris upgrades?
I ordered an X5 this morning and I'm starting to doodle a list of upgrades to do right out of the box ...
Top of my list is Diety pedals, seat clamp and maybe handlebar ... I LOVE my Dieties! Have them on my Juli and Fuji ... Wouldn't ride dirt without them (First blood anyone :)

Any other suggestions to ponder?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Anyone make a frame pump that actually works decently fast with fat bikes? I'd like to be able to air down and back up without the 500 or so pumps it takes to get to 20psi for the concrete

This one.

Amazon.com : Lezyne Micro Floor Drive High Volume Pump : Sports & Outdoors

Make sure you get the high volume, not the high pressure. Easy to use, and pumps fast. Don't have to putz with your tire having to be stationary or in a weird position. Fits easily in a frame bag also. Comfortable with no pinch spots.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
What are your favorite Boris upgrades?
I ordered an X5 this morning and I'm starting to doodle a list of upgrades to do right out of the box ...
Top of my list is Diety pedals, seat clamp and maybe handlebar ... I LOVE my Dieties! Have them on my Juli and Fuji ... Wouldn't ride dirt without them (First blood anyone :)

Any other suggestions to ponder?

Tires.... One one floaters
Saddle- wtb pure V
Handlebars- jones H-bars

Tires from factory were not impressive, seat uncomfortable and handlebars relieved numbness from wrist.

Made a set of shoes from a tire, donated the seat to a friend for his ss and left the bars at LBS.

Sent from magic wish granting phone

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I ended up getting some cheap schwinn thing at Walmart.. I love my bell pump and it was only ten bucks. I'm going to be swapping tires I'll count how many pumps it takes.

As for upgrade, I've done the stem. Pedals I'm leaving til I decide on what I want. Tires I'm gonna wait til winter to decide who knows what will be out by then. Handlebars are coming along with locking grips. I'll be putting on bb7s and some other stuff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The only problem I keep having is having to tighten the head tube after every ride.
What do you mean by this? What are you having to tighten? Is the stem clamp at the steerer tube coming loose? Pic maybe?

By the way, the head tube is part of the frame

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
What do you mean by this? What are you having to tighten? Is the stem clamp at the steerer tube coming loose? Pic maybe?

By the way, the head tube is part of the frame
Yeah it as the stem clamp. Seems to be OK now I must of not tightened it enough before my first time out

61 - 80 of 3473 Posts