Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3473 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hello,
Here are some pics of the 21 Boris x7. Nice fork. Only one tiny scratch where the rear quick release was locked and was hitting the frame.
On the x7 rear derailleur the cable lock screw was almost stripped. Will contact service about that.
Otherwise, very happy and love the color,
Scott
What color is that? Is it the Burnt Orange?

·
Registered
63 Posts
burnt orange indeed...high gloss.
BTW as a heads up to anyone doubting the commitment of BD to customer service, I just got an email about my stripped x7 rear derailleur . They are sending out an upgrade model free of charge, already got the tracking number. Upgraded to compensate for the little scratch in the photo...damn!
These guys are awesome, great value, nice components at each price point, and the fast service i wanted.
Customer for life.
Also got my black Motobecane jersey today! 2 day shipping..lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Has anyone been able to weigh there bike yet? I know on the box it says 30 lb but if feels heavier than that, My Camber has a claimed 30lb weight and it feels like a feather compared to the Boris. But I do have carbon bars,seatpost and im running 1x10 on the Camber and its tubeless.

·
Registered
607 Posts
30# Hahahahahahaha! I know someone weighed the bike as shipped and thought it was 35-36# without pedals. It's buried in the bikes direct thread

Sent from magic wish granting phone

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Got mine today and threw it together in such a rush lol.. Went for a ride. It's pretty awesome. Pearl white looks amazing in the sun. It's got some metallic flake in it, it really glistens.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Does anyone with an x5 9 speed have a 10 speed front derailleur? I'm having a hard time making it go through all the gears without rub and I just noticed it says 2x10.. I looked on the page and yeah that's what it comes with. I had to widen the cage a tad to get no chain rub on 1st and 9th.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got the Boris X9 in this morning. Box was intact and all parts accounted for. Assembled the bike with a couple issues. The front derailleur cable was routed on the left side of the steer tube, should have been on the right. Not a big deal, I'll re-route it went the weather sucks and I can't ride. It appears the front rotor is slightly warped. I'll email BD regarding the rotor. Pictures to follow, I got to get it on the trail first!! Overall, very pleased with the purchase.
Just curious, why would you need to wait until you can't ride to do the re-route? Looks like a simple task that would take a few minutes to do: remove grip, unbolt derailleur from handlebar and route cable to the correct side, re-bolt derailleur, reinstall grip.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'm not too happy with the cable routing on this frame.. It could be more neat and thought out

·
Registered
56 Posts
With the x7 shifter the clamp and shifter are separate. To re route simply remove the shifter from the clamp re-route them re-attach no need to remove the derailleur. Should take less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just curious, why would you need to wait until you can't ride to do the re-route? Looks like a simple task that would take a few minutes to do: remove grip, unbolt derailleur from handlebar and route cable to the correct side, re-bolt derailleur, reinstall grip.
It's all about time.

With the x7 shifter the clamp and shifter are separate. To re route simply remove the shifter from the clamp re-route them re-attach no need to remove the derailleur. Should take less than 5 minutes.
fastpunk, thanks for the info! I am still going to wait until next weekend to re-route the shifter and change the rotor. I am on-call for work and can't ride due to response times.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
For those concerned with sizing: I am 5' 8", with an inseam of 31". I vacillated between the 15M and the 17M, initially ordering a 15M, then changed to a 17M, then had second thoughts on the 17M. The 17M fits me great. It provides a more upright riding position, which I prefer and stand-over is perfect, just like my medium Specialized Camber 29er.

41 - 60 of 3473 Posts