Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off my bike for over a week now recovering from some boob surgery (don't get excited boys, it was just a lumpectomy and all was benign thank goodness). Lefty hurts and I'm not to ride for another week and a half. In my convalescence I've been checking our AZ board for ride reports, trip pictures, squabbles, anything of interest.... Last weekend's Candy Mtn and Prescott rides were great vicarious fun but this past week has been dry and boring. Come on... deliver the goods already!

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Not as bad as you Durtygurl but I crashed hard on friday (didnt think so at the time) and pretty much have a permanent dead leg. . . meaning no riding this weekend and it sucks.

And now I'll vent. . . my bike is always broken, and then I take it in to fix it, pay for it, and the shop always neglects one little thing. Im back and forth atleast three times a week. . .it's not from a lack of knowledge, more of bad luck and perhaps the shop overlooking certain things. . . all around the bottom bracket and cranks, break this, replace that, and then its all back together and the shop has messed up on the spacing and I now have a shredded chain and no granny gear. Want it done right I guess you gotta do it yourself. Annoying though cause I love the shop and Ill give em my business but I keep getting reasons to not go back. Each time the bikes done, something else goes, and its always related to the original problem at hand.

Sorry for the jack, I didnt want to start a rant thread, but thought Id share my boredom and frustration with ya!

Atleast we have our health (despite large bone bruises and gaping holes in elbows). Glad your boob job went well it's too bad your off the bike for so long.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u2metoo said:
Heal up DG! The trails miss you! And of course we miss U2!

A few of us dinked around T-100 yesterday (Westsiiieeeeddee!).

Here's a vid of the day:

Sam
YEAA!!! That's what I'm talking about! Nice camera angles on this vid, Sam... and Bob getting air on the Salsa was sweet! thanks :D :D :D

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Truckee Trash said:
Not as bad as you Durtygurl but I crashed hard on friday (didnt think so at the time) and pretty much have a permanent dead leg. . . meaning no riding this weekend and it sucks.
I've been pondering how my down time differs from the ordinary down time experienced from injury. I kinda feel cheated because I did not do the damage in some glorious tumble. I have no heroic tale to tell. But the down time from my little surgery is far less than when I broke bones and for that I am thankful. I hope that your leg comes back to life and your arm heals up soon - at least you'll have a great new scar.

Truckee Trash said:
And now I'll vent. . . my bike is always broken, and then I take it in to fix it, pay for it, and the shop always neglects one little thing. Im back and forth atleast three times a week. . .it's not from a lack of knowledge, more of bad luck and perhaps the shop overlooking certain things. . . all around the bottom bracket and cranks, break this, replace that, and then its all back together and the shop has messed up on the spacing and I now have a shredded chain and no granny gear. Want it done right I guess you gotta do it yourself. Annoying though cause I love the shop and Ill give em my business but I keep getting reasons to not go back. Each time the bikes done, something else goes, and its always related to the original problem at hand.

Sorry for the jack, I didnt want to start a rant thread, but thought Id share my boredom and frustration with ya!
Do you own a stand? Tools? Nothing more satisfying than doing all the work yourself. Plus it makes trailside repairs that much easier when you know how everything is put together. Maybe use your down time to get the tools and start wrenching! Also, it helps to have more than one bike - that way you can ride the other(s) when one is down.

Thanks for the post!

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
hey

Yep no news from me...Built some good new smaller jumps at Nra with the boys, Then decided to go for a Bmx rida last night in the dark...when all of the sudded there was a large hole in the street, never saw it...Then wack I was over the bars and on the concrete!!! No time ever to ajust to fall just hit the ground hard at about 20 mph... So My elbow has no skin about 3 layers deep, my right hip is badley bruised and looks like I might be off the bike this week.... :(
Glad to hear your tests where clear...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
DurtGurl said:
YEAA!!! That's what I'm talking about! Nice camera angles on this vid, Sam... and Bob getting air on the Salsa was sweet! thanks :D :D :D
Heeheehee, thanks DG!

Chongoman going big on big wheels.

He cleared the table on the hardtail. Smoov!

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
summer blahs

yeah, the az forum has been very dry and boring lately.

good to see a nice vid of familiar trails; great job, u2.

healup ms kathleen. i had my annual squeeze and, praise God, it was good!:thumbsup:

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
DurtGurl said:
...Also, it helps to have more than one bike - that way you can ride the other(s) when one is down.
yeah, trukeetrash, you need more than one bike.
wanna buy my large astrix monk 29er? :D

G

·
DurtGurl said:
Nothing more satisfying than doing all the work yourself. Plus it makes trailside repairs that much easier when you know how everything is put together. Maybe use your down time to get the tools and start wrenching!
I totally agree. Just put in a movie, crack open a beer, and work on your bike.

Truckee, I totally understand what you're going through. I had a year of the same old sh!t being repaired repeatedly on my Specialized epic so I finally sold it. I know it's an extreme fix but it beat having a broken bike making me angry.

Nothing exciting here. I fell otb yesterday at T100/exploratory ride, bad shoulder sunburn, and did the Landis ride today.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NardoSS said:
I totally agree. Just put in a movie, crack open a beer, and work on your bike.

Truckee, I totally understand what you're going through. I had a year of the same old sh!t being repaired repeatedly on my Specialized epic so I finally sold it. I know it's an extreme fix but it beat having a broken bike making me angry.

Nothing exciting here. I fell otb yesterday at T100/exploratory ride, bad shoulder sunburn, and did the Landis ride today.
Hmmm.... movie? I don't do bike work in the living room but perhaps Garagemahall needs a TV! Good idea Nardo!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
u2metoo said:
Heeheehee, thanks DG!

Chongoman going big on big wheels.

He cleared the table on the hardtail. Smoov!
Nice vid Sam!
I have found that jumping is much easier when you follow Jeff. I'm a cherry picker jumper.
Happy relaxing and healing DG! Hope to be riding with you soon.

·
Brit on a trip
453 Posts
Hey DG - glad to hear it was nothing more serious. I had a few weeks down time in Feb/March and it sure sucks don't it. Sounds like you won't be away too long - take it easy and heal up quick

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Holy cow, K! Glad to hear everything went okay.

My summer adventures are pretty much wrapped up now. I might hit Prescott next Saturday, but I'm stuck doing lawn work for my mom afterward so it's a mixed blessing. Our little not-Fiesta was a ton of fun, as always, and I wish you could've found a way to make it up there. Flag may need one more visit before it gets cold. I dunno...feeling kind of lazy on the bike as the summer comes to a close.

I have been thinking about my to-do list for the cooler months. This is what I have:

* One good run up/down Pinal Mountain before it gets snowy/wet up there.

* Coast-to-coast ride on BCT. Last time I rode it, the trail was only done up to the Agua Fria. So that'll be fun.

* FINS. About damned time I got out there.

* Almost certainly a couple Sedona trips. There's a handful of stuff up there I'm not familiar with, and I'd like to rectify that.

* I'm feeling a strong urge to get out of the state for a riding trip, and Gooseberry Mesa is the current leading candidate.

So, I propose it's time for you to look forward and not back. The time will fly, and soon it'll be the coolest months. You picked the best possible time, really, to take yourself out of the game.

p.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,325 Posts
Definitely good to hear everything is a-ok!

I'm sure Sixty, myself, Kavu, doodoo and marskee will have another squabbling married couple thread very soon to keep you entertained!:thumbsup:

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
DurtGurl said:
I've been off my bike for over a week now recovering from some boob surgery...
Dang...you had me thinking nasty thoughts for a minute there. :devil:

I'm glad everything was OK. :thumbsup:

And as far as riding goes...I've been doing it...lots of it...but I never have anything to show for it except for scars on both me and the bike. The camera always gets left at home.

Thx...Doug

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,988 Posts
The "Best trails in Arizona" thread could have been entertaining.

Anyways, I got a little more bling comming tomorrow.

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Just so you know, we missed you on our T100/notT100 ride! But you'll be back in the saddle again soon. Bummer you had to miss GITA too!

The weather is definitely cooling off now and I see many fun epics on the horizon and your boob will be all healed up. I'm sure you'll get offers for boob massages from the boys ;)

luv ya! :winker:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts