Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this friend of mine who rides mtb and moto is the subject matter. Do any of you know that arch that can be found up on the poison spider mesa, close to the edge of a big drop-off? He likes to ride the arch. The pics make my orifices clamp shut.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I remember seeing pix of that arch posted here (or something that looks just like it) and thinking to myself " I wonder if anyone's crazy enough to ride that"

Your bud must have a bovine set of Neutacles.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Holy ****, this is nuts! Last time I was there one of my buddies joked to the other to ride that thing and pop a wheelie in the middle, can't believe he's riding it.

_MK

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Put that same piece of rock at ground level and any one of us could ride across it 20 times without a mishap, but elevate if a few hundred feet off the valley floor and riding it becomes a nutso move. It's funny how when the price of failure is death even a simple move gains a whole new perspective.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cutthroat said:
Put that same piece of rock at ground level and any one of us could ride across it 20 times without a mishap, but elevate if a few hundred feet off the valley floor and riding it becomes a nutso move. It's funny how when the price of failure is death even a simple move gains a whole new perspective.
Exactly. I lay a 2x4 board on my driveway, and I can ride up and down it's length all day long. Elevate that board 4 feet off the ground and it becomes an impossible feat for me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In the first shot...

... it doesn't look so bad, but in the last one, especially with the road waaaay down below, it looks very scary indeed!

Lost his neuts at birth you say? I guess that'd explain it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.