Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is a similar thread for some other name brand bicycle, I thought I'd give Borealis a little love. I don't need all the pictures the other thread has because there was not much to do. I drilled out the valve hole slightly to install the 6 gram 949 Racing aluminum valve stem, installed the valve stem, and aired up the tire with a floor pump.

So tell me, why do you like presta valves?

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gcappy, yes, that is quite a collection of advertising. It looks okay on the bike.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
If 949 made fatbike hoops they would be badass, and the tires filled with nitrogen.

Edit, if all you did was install a new valve stem, that means the old tube is still in there....which is prob a good idea to have a backup installed and waiting.

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No jonshonda, it was tubeless with a presta valve before.

I don't do backup tubes for tubeless.

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay matto6, here you go, from today's ride.

I like the bike and I really like the wheels. I mentioned to the guy I rode with that my front tire was at 2 psi and that it really helps keep the front from washing out on the marginal snow we were riding on. His response was that he didn't trust his tubeless setup at that low of pressure. With these wheels, one doesn't have to worry about setup if they aren't as good at it.

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the Carbondales seem like it's cheating, but I've paid my tubeless fat bike dues.

I've never had an issue any of my tubeless setups. After many many thousands of fat bike miles on tubeless, I don't feel a need. Even if I ever had an issue and had to walk, I still wouldn't start carrying a tube because it just doesn't seem necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts