Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not as much hype in this thread compared to the other 2 bike released today. I guess it's the price... But that shouldn't stop anyone right?

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's kinda what I thought, So far I have not really felt the need for a suspension fork at least on snow and some of the short dirt rides I'm done. As the snow melts and the rides get longer maybe I'll feel differently.

Will the there be a rigid fork option for the Echo for someone that might be interested in running that in snow and suspension in the summer?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just called Borealis to ask about a carbon fork option for the Echo. No plans they said. Also got some geo numbers HT 69.8 St 73 based on 513 a to c on the new RS. Yampa fork is 468. Looks like my dream of a quiver killer is dead for now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pretty interesting that this bike is available in May while the Rocky Mountain and the Salsa aren't available until "fall".

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
With Bluto set at 80mm it would work fine with the Yampa but if you crash you could possibly ruin your frame with fork contact to the down tube.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's kinda what I thought, So far I have not really felt the need for a suspension fork at least on snow and some of the short dirt rides I'm done. As the snow melts and the rides get longer maybe I'll feel differently.

Will the there be a rigid fork option for the Echo for someone that might be interested in running that in snow and suspension in the summer?
the reason I got the 2014 mukluk was that it was clearly designed for a suspension fork. The negative part of that was that the only carbon fork long enough with the right offset was the Salsa. But yeah, a 2014 salsa ALU or carbon fork should work for this Echo.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts