Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever ridden at the bike park at Boreal?. Not much info out there about it. I didn't even know there was another bike park besides Northstar around Truckee.

It's only open on a few Saturdays. I'm thinking about trying it out with my son (7 year old) on 8/10. $25 for lift access riding seems worth it. I figure if he gets tired after just a few runs, I won't feel like it was a waste.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I did last year, it was $25 for three hrs if I recall. Short lift to three different runs: green, blue, black. Legit for its size - at the bottom is a pretty good pump track with good size dirt jumps. Below that is a smaller skills park with a nice paved path for the little ones. I just saw here https://www.campwoodward.com/locations/woodward-tahoe/overview/about-tahoe they have a new outdoor skate/bmx park. Go to the news section.

I think its worth a shot especially if you have kids that ride/skate. We need more ski resorts to do this for year round stuff. Now if only Heavenly would get with it.

Me and a buddy took the lift to the top then rode up to the ridge and free rode some zones. So much potential for little ol Boreal. Your son would really enjoy it I think.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got comp'd a pass year before last and was glad I hadn't had to pay for access. It might be good for a kiddo but not so much somebody accustomed to a "full service" bike park. Slowest lift ever. Unimaginably slow. And hard to load because it's not detachable so it flies around the loading zone then slows to the speed of molasses when you get in the chair. The runs get stale fast. They are very short. The little park at the bottom really is good though. Also a kiddo might really enjoy some of the indoor activities at Woodward.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It might be good for a kiddo but not so much somebody accustomed to a "full service" bike park.
Built around this specifically - for dads who have stuff to do while their kids use the park features.

Don't go there hoping for a Northstar or Mammoth experience. Good place for beginners to advance their skills on the lift runs. We went more as an excuse to goof off and check it out. Was told new lines would eventually go in - it's something.

If you're really bored just ride to Hole in the Ground from there. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.

Took my 7 year old son to the park today. It was well worth the $25 per person. The lift runs form 10-6pm so that 8 hours of riding. It is pretty small and the lift is slow, but the trails are well developed and pretty fun.

I actually only rode the beginner and part of the intermediate trails and only some of the pump track at the bottom. However, that was enough for me to practice some high speed cornering and jumps. I could have ridden more if I didn't want to stick with my son and it would have been enough.

I wouldn't make Woodward a destination for a weekend trip, but since I'm up in Truckee for two weeks with family it's a pretty good way to spend a day up here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.