Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a slightly used 00' Manitou SX-R fork. The fork is in great shape, but it is missing the stock rubber fork boots. I plan to use this fork on my commuter bike, so it will see little off-road. Should I be concerned that there are no boots? Is it no big deal?

·
Registered
847 Posts
enduro seals work great for these forks,

and are much better than the boots at keeping out water, dirt, etc

Thumbie said:
I just picked up a slightly used 00' Manitou SX-R fork. The fork is in great shape, but it is missing the stock rubber fork boots. I plan to use this fork on my commuter bike, so it will see little off-road. Should I be concerned that there are no boots? Is it no big deal?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thumbie said:
Thanks...Where can I get thers and/or more info on them? Is it an expensive retrofit, or a cheap fix?
enduroforkseals.com
he's got instruction on the site. I love these things on my late '90's marzocchis.

for road use, just keep the stanchions clean & get some enduro seals when the current seals go.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Depending on your local weather and trail conditions, the Lizardskin neoprene fork boots can help out. They are great for dry areas and keep dirt/dust from accumulating. In wet weather however, it soaks up water and crud can catch and buildup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.