Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
desert dweller
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just wrote a full ride report and MTBR says it didn't have enough memory. OH well.

The short and dirty version.

Trail: Mother, Ernies, Caldera, Dirt Road back in the dark.

Cool sightings: 2 Coyote pups in the little side canyon above Mother near the golf course. Great sunset from the ridge on Ernie's. Nice dark ride on Caldera and down the road. Sweet 3 foot rattler waiting for me at the truck when I returned (a sign from my wife for me to hurry home?) No funky bugs today though. ;)

Sketchy stuff: My little LED light doesn't light up anything at speeds above 5mph. I think on one of the g-outs near the top of Caldera I closed my eyes -- since my light wasn't doing anygood anyway. I still don't think I would want to bring the Niteriders for the last 30 minute of a two + hour ride.

Matt

Attachments

·
Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
380 Posts
Let me stick my fork tongue out at you!

He/she must be in a lot of pictures. It looks like it is posing for you.

·
2,093 Posts
you guys are freakin'

me out with all these snake pics. Matt, what time does it get dark out there? I need to squeeze in a after work ride. Only to soccer games left and then i'll be back to my weekend warrior riding.

·
desert dweller
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darkness

E ! said:
me out with all these snake pics. Matt, what time does it get dark out there? I need to squeeze in a after work ride. Only to soccer games left and then i'll be back to my weekend warrior riding.
I started my ride at 6:00. It was pretty dark in the canyon by 7:45. It was a beautiful evening -- but my LED light just doesn't cut it on a mountain bike. I had about 25 minutes of exploring side trails on Mother -- If I would have been cruising I wouldn't have needed lights at all.

matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts