Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gents, since we're here for a week, we headed north for the Cowboy trails west of Vegas. We figured since we'll be riding and DHing the next few days in Bootleg, we may as well check out another spot.

Rob found a trail called Boneshaker, with descriptions of 1' to 4' hucks; with an alternate line at the bottem with 7 and 8 foot drops.

We started out cruising up a series of trails to get there. There is no shuttling, so you have to earn your turns boys...

The description of Boneshaker had me running my VPFree with a dual helmet setup. Pads went with, of course.

If you like and enjoy Fruita type trails, with a singletrack DH, you'd dig this! Imagine A DH where the average drops are 1 foot, with a handful of 2, 3 and 4 footers (and we counted over 40 of them!). This is a All Mountain bikers dream!

Boneshaker made Porcupine Rim and Amassa back trails easy.

Our route was as follows: Bunny to Fossil Canyon. We then took the 1st Finger Trail around to meet up with Knuckle. Then it was Antisarsa to Boneshaker!

Photos:

1. Rob heading up Bunny

2. Fossil Canyon trail

3. Me on Fossil Canyon

4. A quick stop to admiret the R2-D2 cacti on Finger trail

5. Rob dipping below the horizon on Finger Trail

Attachments

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1. Lunch and the top of Boneshaker

2. Rob ripping the top part of Boneshaker

3. Me launching off of the 5th or so huck, this is the first of the 4 footers

4. Rob contemplating one of the gnar sections

5. I'm fixing a flat after launching an earlier 2 footer onto sharp edgy rocks. Rob is on the trail, can you tell? Yeah, its rough!

Attachments

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Looking DH from the fix-a-flat rest stop. Left part of the rock is a 4 footer, the right side is a 6-7 footer.

2. One last break before the super-steep and gravel loose section....

40+ hucks and we made it out alive! No blood, no broken bones... Just shaken!

:D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.