Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Hey Hugh,

Lets say 630am in the dirt lot directly across from the Veterans home. Do you know where I'm talking about?

This invitation is open to anyone else, just post up so we know how many will be there :thumbsup:

·
Mashers Only!!
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beagledadi said:
Hey Hugh,

Lets say 630am in the dirt lot directly across from the Veterans home. Do you know where I'm talking about?

This invitation is open to anyone else, just post up so we know how many will be there :thumbsup:
No I don't. Where can I get a map of this area? Or if you could post a google map or somthing..

Thanks!

HUGH
:)

·
Slowly but surely...
205 Posts
If I'm over this cold I'll be there, as long as I can get out of there by about 8:15. I'm in a red Saturn with an older GT i-drive with a big weld repair on the seatpost :) (oh, and I'll be wearing all of my clothes. I hope this isn't a clothing optional ride :nono: )

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
fmdj said:
If I'm over this cold I'll be there, as long as I can get out of there by about 8:15. I'm in a red Saturn with an older GT i-drive with a big weld repair on the seatpost :) (oh, and I'll be wearing all of my clothes. I hope this isn't a clothing optional ride :nono: )
ROLF.... it's not me, really it's not. I ride with my clothes on. :D

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
@@6:00am!!

I'll be out there to do a 1hr ride, then it's home to the showers and off to work!! Can't ride with ya'll too much, but I'll see ya out there!! I'm hopeing to get the first picture of our elusive beast!!:eek:ut: :eek:ut:

·
prbs
146 Posts
Yeah...

It was Karma from the very beginning...Hugh saying he hadn't had a mechanical in 7 years and then breaking a chain...John flatting...and then me telling you about my rear hub problem and that I hadn't had a problem since the last service...
My freehub froze up and when I coasted down one of those whoop-dee-doos, it torqued the hub and somehow sheered my skewer.
I had another skewer in the car, but it would have been like riding a fixed wheel.
Anyway, I walked back to the road, down the road toward the bathrooms a bit, and a good samaritan coming down from the tower stopped, picked me up and took me back to the car, eventhough he was only going to the main lot. He saved me an hour's walk.
I can't take "no" for an answer this time with Shimano. It's pretty clear that they need to warranty that wheel.
Good ride while it lasted. Hope my mechanical was the last of the day.

·
2,093 Posts
Cool Paul

I forgot about your wheel talk. I betcha the hub race is gouged -worn. That's what usually happens. Unfortunately riding when it was loose makes that happen. Hope you get it squared away.

·
Slowly but surely...
205 Posts
It was nice finally meeting some of you guys from the board. Thanks for being patient. Sorry to here some more mechanical problems got you guys after I left. Hopefully they will be quick/cheap fixes.
BTW, great weather + great trail choices = sweet ride. Thanks for being my guide. I had ridden Mother's down but not up and found that interesting. I hadn't ridden West Leg before and loved the whoop-dee-doos. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the trail again soon. :thumbsup:

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts