Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I've managed to convince my hubby to try out some of the trails at Bootleg on Wednesday evening with me. The trouble is, we're looking for something pretty easy because he is still suffering from the whiplash injury he sustained a couple of weeks back (he landed in his face... ouch!), and he doesn't want to fall and make it worse.

I took at look at the Bootleg Canyon website, and I see a few trails which are designated with a green circle. The loop that goes POW-IMBA-Par None looks like it might fit the bill for us. Can anyone confirm this, or should we look at something else? Also, should we ride clockwise or anti-clockwise for an easier time of it? And how long would that trail be... about 6 miles perhaps?

Thanks guys :)

- Jen.

Oh, and I'll make sure we bring a camera in case anyone is putting rocks on the trail :eek:

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
I took at look at the Bootleg Canyon website, and I see a few trails which are designated with a green circle. The loop that goes POW-IMBA-Par None looks like it might fit the bill for us. Can anyone confirm this, or should we look at something else? Also, should we ride clockwise or anti-clockwise for an easier time of it? And how long would that trail be... about 6 miles perhaps?

That is the easiest XC ride by Bootleg standards. There is some climbing involved in every trail or loop XC riders use out there. Don't go hard and burn out early. Stop take photos and look for snakes when you start getting into your red zone and have fun. It's definately not at all like Cottonwood.

Matt

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
IMBA-POW-Par None loop is a good starting point. If you do it clockwise you'll be going mostly downhill and then will do just a little climbing back up to the restrooms. I think it's about 5-6 miles or so.
Another fun trail would be Girl Scout. It's an easy climb. Then you could just turn around and come back down.
If you're feeling good, you could continue on Caldera (which starts at the back corner of the mid-way parking area at the top of girl scout, NOT right where girl scout ends), come down boy scout and back down girl scout. If you did all the trails listed, you'd ride around 16-18 miles (I think).
Do yourself a favor and pick up a trail map at the bike store at the bottom of the hill (just past Yucca St) before you go up there. There are no trail maps at the park itself, although they are posted in a few places around the park.

·
2,093 Posts
Yes thats a good choice

What you want to do is locate the mother trail sign. Left of dirt rd. past restrooms. Go straight out till you see the parnone/imba sign. Stay to the right to do imba. you will do the loop counterclockwise. take a left down pow and bomb that sucker(way fast). after it dumps you out between a rock wedge turn left across the wash. That will take you back up par-none. Also try the girlscout up and back, that will give you an idea on how the trails feel out there. Girlscout is kinda a "mini" version of the type of obstacles on the other trails.
Have fun!

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all :)

One last question: where is the best place to park for this? I've never been to Bootleg itself, but I remember seeing the sign for it in Boulder City. Is it fairly straightforward, or are there a number of car parks to choose from?

- Jen.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Bootleg Parking

mahgnillig said:
Thanks all :)

One last question: where is the best place to park for this? I've never been to Bootleg itself, but I remember seeing the sign for it in Boulder City. Is it fairly straightforward, or are there a number of car parks to choose from?

- Jen.
Turn Left on Yucca St. Follow it up past Veterens Memorial, past the sand pit. Follow the signs. There is a small paved parking lot next to the restrooms and larger dirt lots along the road.

mc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.